Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cooler Master Arc Review

Shrink your Mac's footprint.

I reviewed the TwelveSouth BookArc (now the BookArc Pro) back in 2010, and more than two years later I still use it every day. The new Arc stand from Cooler Master keeps my MacBook Pro standing up tall on my desk, just like the BookArc, and it’s even got a second perpendicular slot to hold an iPad. It’s unfailingly sturdy--weighing in at nearly 30 ounces (almost 2 pounds), it doesn’t slide around on my desk, even if I accidentally bump it while putting down my coffee thermos. But it doesn’t have the smooth, Mac-like look of the BookArc, or the built-in cable management.

Available in white or black, the Arc is covered in glossy plastic, with gray rubber-lined slots for your MacBook and your iPad. Obviously, you can only use one at a time. The iPad fits in either orientation, but when you type on the onscreen keyboard, it does wobble in the stand a little bit. You can keep an iPad plugged in while it’s in the Arc, since the deeper MacBook Pro slot leaves enough room for the charging cable to reach the 30-pin port on the bottom of the iPad.



View the Original article

No comments: